April 14, 2013 Leave a comment
If you want to host a web site in the Internet or intranets, you’ll need a web server. This article deals with Microsoft web server by the name of Internet Information Services (IIS). The version that is shipped with Windows Server 2012 is IIS 8. So keep reading through the end for installing IIS 8.
- Click on Server Manager icon to open it
- Click Add roles and features, then click Next
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation, and click Next
- Choose Select a server from the server pool, select your server, then click Next
- Scroll down, select Web Server (IIS), click Add Features, click on Next three times
- Leave the default role services intact, then hit on Next, and Install
- Wait for the installation to be completed, then click Close
- To make sure that IIS is installed successfully, open Internet Explorer and type http://localhost, then hit enter. The result will be the default page like the above picture.
As usual, the second method after GUI, is PowerShell. So,
- Open PowerShell console with an administrative right
- Type and execute this command:
Install-WindowsFeature Web-WebServer -IncludeManagementTools